Pre-band camp starts next week Monday, July 28th - Friday, August 1st from 8-4pm. All students should report to the Mau Band Building and be ready to start by 8am on Monday morning. Students will need to wear covered shoes (athletic shoes or something similar) are allowed to wear shorts and t-shirts (please use the Punahou dress code as your guide). Your child will need to bring daily:
· Their marching band instrument
· Waist pack (new students will be issued a waist pack on Monday at pre-band camp, returning students may purchase a used pack for $5 or a new pack for $10)
· Large brimmed hat
· Water bottle
Pre-band camp drop-off and pick-up procedures:
· The safest location to drop/pick-up your child is in front of the Science Center. This is especially important considering the change to traffic flow on upper campus.
· Please DO NOT park or use the athletic (band) parking lot and DO NOT stop on the street near the athletic (band) parking lot entrance
Band Camp Potluck and Mandatory Band Camp Meeting
Friday, August 1st, there is a potluck dinner at 5pm in the Gates Workshop, located at the Mamiya Science Center. Booster T-shirts will be for sale during the potluck. The Mandatory Band Camp Meeting in Dillingham Hall will follow the potluck. At this meeting, you will receive your child’s flight information, packing list and luggage tags as well as meet the staff and chaperones that will be with your child during band camp.
Potluck assignment: We are pre-assigning each instrument section to share a potluck item that can serve 10-12 people. Due to numerous peanut allergies, would you kindly label food items that contain peanuts (including peanut oil). Mahalo in advance for your help and your contribution! The potluck assignments are below
· Pupus/Chips/Snacks: Color guard
· Main Dish: Trumpet, Clarinet, D.Majors, T. Sax
· Starch: Flute, Euphonium
· Salad / Veggies: Percussion / Pit
· Fruit: Tuba
· Dessert: Alto Sax, Color guard
· Dinner plates, dessert plates, napkins (200 each): Mellophone
· Paper cups, Forks & Chopsticks (200 each), Spoons & knives (100 each): Trombone
New Band Parent Orientation
All new band parents have been invited to the New Band Parent Orientation meeting on either Tuesday, July 29th or Wednesday, July 30th from 4:30-5:30pm in the Mau Band Building near the football field and running track. It will include an overview of the band year and a question-and-answer session. You will meet your parent mentor, who will be an experienced band parent whose child plays the same instrument as your child. Participation is voluntary.
Check the link below if you have not yet submitted measurements for the jacket and pants. The band is going to look very sharp this year!