Please make sure you are ready with the following items…
- Instrument is good working condition
- Music (from student leaders), flip folder and lyre (from music store)
- Water bottle with a strap (new members can get a hip pack from the boosters). Water is carried by students during marching rehearsals. They drink as they need.
- Sunscreen, hat, rain jacket
- Lunch- students are unable to purchase food from the school this week. Students are encouraged to eat in sections and get to know as many different students as possible. They should not require refrigeration or a microwave.
- Great attitude.
85% of the band has been fit for their uniforms. We will fit the remaining sometime this week in the afternoon (probably on Tuesday or Wednesday). Be prepared to try on a uniform if you haven't already.
Friday night from 5-7 pm will be the potluck and pre-trip meeting. Attendance is required for all traveling participants. Flight information and expectations are shared at the meeting. We appreciate your understanding of traveling with 160+ students for 5 days. Having everyone on the same page is vital!
Potluck assignments are below. Please bring enough for 8-10 people.
Salad / Fruit – Clarinets, Drum Majors
Rice / noodle / starch – Flutes, Euphonium, Tuba
Main dish – Percussion, Color Guard
Dessert – Mellophones, Trumpets
Drinks – Trombone, Saxophone – Please bring chilled