Band Camp Info
Pre-band camp takes place at Punahou July 25-29 from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with an hour for lunch.
Away band camp takes place on the Big Island at Hawaii Preparatory Academy from July 31 - August 4. With August 5 to unpack the band room and have some student activities.
2016 Punahou Marching Band Camp Website:
Username: bandcamp Password: 2016Camp
(Please note: The “C” in camp is capitalized)
Below is a link to a story Punavision did recently about band camp.
A sample packing list will include ... Please write your name on EVERYTHING.
- Your instrument, lyre (flutes use Flutist’s Friend) and music
- Extra reeds; other necessary extras for your instrument
- Clips, rubber bands, or small clothespins to hold music in the wind
- Pencils with erasers
- Punahou issued Fanny pack. Student to provide their own water bottle.
o Returning PMB members: If you need a fanny pack, you may purchase a new fanny pack for $10 or a used one for $5 during Pre-band camp
Clothing and shoes:
- Loose, comfortable shorts and t-shirts - Punahou Dress Code applies!
- Seven sets of underwear
- Seven pairs of socks
- One/two pair of roomy blue-jeans for cool evenings
- Swimsuit and beach towel;
- Comfortable, but sturdy athletic shoes for marching practice
- Rubber slippers for showers
- Sweater or waterproof jacket for cold, rainy evenings
- Alarm Clock;
- WIDE-BRIMMED HAT! or SAFARI hat for TUBAS!
- Shower/bar soap and soap dish
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- SUNGLASSES with UVA protection!
- Chapstick with SPF
- Sunscreen -SPF 30 or higher!
- Contact lens case and cleaning supplies
- Tylenol/Advil/Motrin (for possible aches and pains)
- Band-Aids/Neosporin (for possible blisters)
- Wash cloth and bath towel, if you prefer an extra set (HPA provides one bath towel, sheets,
blankets, pillow and pillowcase)
- Flashlight (for returning to dorms at night)
- Combination lock (if securing items in your dorm room drawer)
- Loose change (quarters) for vending machines
- laundry detergent (if planning on washing clothes)
- Camera, playing cards, travel chess, book, etc.
- Cell phones
- Money (other than change for vending machine and airport snack)
- VALUABLE ITEMS
- Food, other than lite snacks
- Stereo equipment other than ipods or phones with head/ear phones